Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Trash Pickers...My New Coffee Table

Several months ago, I got this coffee table out of my neighbor's trash pile...actually sweet hubby did in the dark and pouring rain. Love you! Anyways, I hated to see this go to the landfill. :(  I did a quick makeover on it!


I lightly sanded the table, then painted it with some leftover paint we had.

Sanded the edges. Then added some Early American MinWax Stain.

It has taken me several months to get used to the "white" since a lot of my pieces are dark.

I have resisited repainting it my standby black or red.

It's been slowly growing on me. Soon I plan to repaint our living/dining room a lighter color. So I think that will make a difference.

But I do love the shape and the size. It's nice to have!


There is a little detail on the sides that I took a small brush and red paint to also. It's a small detail but I like it.


I have a few more things in the basement screaming at me for a makeover...if I could only create more time and energy. :)

Linking up to: Frugalicious Friday

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...