Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, December 3, 2010

7 Quick Takes Friday - #8

Jumping right in...
  1. It's beginning to look a lot like December, and I guess it really is. What in the world? I suppose this officially plants me in the "old lady" department, but I'm serious-- time is flying so fast.

  2. Here's what we've got going, Christmas-wise: our older two boys made paper chains, now gracing our living room. We all made paper snowflakes and they're hanging from the ceilings this year (last year we taped them to windows-- shhh.... I think I liked that better.) Christmas tree & Christmas banner are up. Most presents have been purchased. We're planning to have a party to get to know the other people in our building better (language practice, here I come!).

    What about you? Are you ready for Christmas? Decorations up? Plans sorted out? Recipes chosen? Feel free to share in the comments.

  3. Anyone travelled on Amtrak with a family? I'd be interested to hear about your experiences. Please e-mail me or share in the comments, thanks!

  4. Little Moses is about 4 & 1/2 months old and he is up on all fours, rocking back and forth and scooting and rolling all across our floors. I remember Silas did similarly, but man, this seems too early! (That picture is from Halloween, where Moses dressed up as "Moses"... ya know, baby in a basket?-- he even had a Bible-style headdress and all, LOL.)

  5. I made some Christmas ornaments this year, and I think they turned out nice. I'll try to share pictures next week once I get my flash card/external harddrive situation sorted out.

  6. I'm ending week 1 of the No S Diet, and it's been enjoyable. I'm so impressed with how reasonable it is, and it feels sustainable, long-term. Dare I say I'm excited? (I'm also really glad it's Friday and that the next 2 days are "S" days-- click on the link to know what in the heck I'm talking about-- I am really looking forward to dessert tomorrow.)

  7. Reading through Charles Sykes' book, 50 Rules Kids Won't Learn in School, I came across this quote and thought it is just really great for interacting with people, even within the church:
    "People are not easily divided into saints and sinners. Most of them are more complicated and more interesting, a mixture of strengths, weaknesses, insights, and blind spots. If you demand perfection, you'll be disappointed. If you decide to only listen to perfect people, you'll find that you are pretty much on your own."

So there are 7 things on my mind... if you also want to do a "7 Quick Takes", click here. As always, feel free to share your thoughts and responses in the comments- I love to hear from you guys.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...