Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Picture Frame Gifts

Another quick last minute gift idea!

I just love Hobby Lobby. I could spend hours in that store if I had the time and was without my 3 year old side kick. :)

I especially love HL sales! I scored unfinished frames for 1/2 off a while back.
Only $1.50 each!

Add some scrapbook paper and it makes a fun gift!


I first painted the sides that would be "bare" with white paint. You can use any color of your choice. I was doing multiple frames at once, so I chose a neutral color to make the process quicker.

After drying, I cut a piece of scrapbook paper to size. I just traced the frame image on the back side of the paper. Don't worry about getting it perfect.

I then brushed on a thin layer of modge podge onto the front of the wood frame, then placed the paper on top. Smooth out the paper with your fingers and make sure no "bubbles". I then took a heavy book and let it sit for several minutes to make sure the paper stays intact.

Take a piece of sandpaper or your sander and start sanding away the edges of the frame. That's why it don't have to be perfect when cuting out your paper.

If you like, you can add a little antique glaze to the edges/sides.
*Make sure you don't use too much because the paper will soak it up!*


For the photo insert, you can print out a Christmas Greeting from your computer.

Or a fun message, like below.
This was for my co-worker. :)


Add a bow and you have a simple, budget friendly, cute gift!!
I need to make one for myself. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...