Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Had fun Shopping

We took a little get-away for ourselves before all the holiday preparations start here. We went up north to my brother/sil’s house for 3 days and had a good ole time driving all over going to some wonderful Prim shops and eating at some out of the way places – a fun adventure.
Unfortunately my camera battery died and the other one wasn’t charged.

We headed out to ‘Market Place’ in Tomah, WI to this wonderful Prim shop in a ‘house’ and both floors are packed with goodies. She has reproductions but also buys from local crafters and that’s what we mostly go there for.

I bought a few treasures there and as you can see they all have the same theme going on – I like snowmen and the designer did a great job on them – it’s very dark green grunged wool (might be army blankets).
Not sure where it’s all going until I do my Christmas decorating.

snowman pillow

I know these mitten are rather sad looking but I liked them!

Mittens

And this dress is a grunged muslin or oxford cloth of some kind

Snowman dress

We went to a couple other shops in the area but they just don’t compare to Market Place – all reproductions and not as homey and cozy looking merchandise. It was stuff you see everywhere.
Then it was off to have a light dinner and head for home – as you know my hips/legs are killing me right now so I sure didn’t argue to call it a day!

The next day it was up early and off to Ripon, WI to  ‘A Simpler Time’ and as usual we weren’t disappointed. Her shop is packed with lots of beautiful holiday treasures.

I didn’t buy anything large there like the last time I was there but did find some Mercury Glass ornaments and Garland for my new 4 ft. Tahoe tree.

Three Mercury Glass Ornaments

3 mercury glass ornaments

3 Garland sets

Ball Garland

And after I checked out my SIL found this cute little basket filled with a Belsnickle Santa mold and beads so I had to go back and buy it too.

Basket ornament

At the Tomah Cranberry Mall I only found this cute Snowman head pick which was 25% off.
I’m going to put him in  a crock filled with greens/berries.
snowman pick

We also went to a couple Antique shops and I found some more Melon shaped pudding molds. I got a large and a small.

Acorn molds
And a couple weeks ago I received one from Lori (
http://loritheblackcrow.blogspot.com/) in my Christmas swap package (the one on the far right)  and lots of other goodies as well.  THANK YOU LORI.
 
Mellon Molds

And at one of the other antique shops I found this cute screen. It might go outside on the house by the back entry.
Screen with candycane

So that was my shopping for two days!
We were heading back home on Saturday morning and woke up to this – SNOW …my brother lives on 5 acres of woods and beauty!
I took this picture through the bedroom window at 6:00 a.m. and I’m thinking the windows are tinted because it’s coming up blue, but it was still a wee dark out.  Peaceful isn’t it?
Snow this morning

snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1 snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1

Yesterday I ordered a chandelier for our den – the light we have now isn’t very stylish to the house – we need something more in line with our decorations. I ordered it from Carriage House Lighting and Tin Ware.  http://carriagehouselightingandtinware.com/
4 Arm Whaler

And a reflector table lamp for ‘I don’t know where’.
Reflector Lamp 
I think Carriage House has the best and most authentic lighting anywhere.

snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1 snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1

And….yesterday in the mail came my floorcloths from Anne of http://www.humbleheartsandhomes.com/
They still need to lay flat for awhile to let the roll marks smooth out. She got the colors just perfect – it’s just a bit more brick red than it’s showing here – it matches colors in the floor beautifully as well as the wallpaper brick red.

Large floorcloth 
Close-up
Large floorcloth closeup
The entry floorcloth is a 3 x 2-1/2 – a bit more square for the area otherwise it does no good – one step in the door and you are off the rug so this size works beautifully.

Entry floorcloth
Close-up
Entry floorcloth closeup

snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1 snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1

I’m finishing up all orders today and after that it’s free time. (oh, I still have a gift for a friend to do yet…It’s coming Grace…lol)
I set my goal to have them all in the mail by Wednesday and i know I’m reaching it and tonight we’re going with our son and daughter in-law shopping for Alexandra – she made a Christmas list that is very specific – stores, which mall – the list goes on!  (I think she’s an organizer like her Grandma!) but I think I blame it on being 17-1/2 – they know just what they want.

snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1 snowie-av1  goodiesnowman-av1  burrrr1

Tomorrow my house cleaning lady is coming for the first time…I’m anxious to see how it goes – but even if she doesn’t clean like I would I just can’t do it right now if I don’t want to make things worse.

I know this is a broken record but I’m still hurting – worse than ever in my legs so in on the 17th I start another series of shots – this time it’s going to be for the Sciatic nerve. Pray it works this time. If not there’s nothing else to do except surgery but that’s out of the question.
A blogging friend sent me some information on ‘Nerve Ablation’ which in short is ‘deadening the nerves’ so that is going to be brought up to my neurologist next week.

Okay on that note…it’s off to sewing – see ya!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...