Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, December 20, 2010

Homemade Hot Cocoa Gift

5 more days til' Christmas! Are you ready?

Maybe you have a few last minute gifts to buy or make?

Today I'm going to show you an easy gift you can make for friends, teachers, neighbors...

Homemade Hot Cocoa
Yum!


This was an easy "project" to do. There are lots of homemade cocoa recipes out there...but I tried this one from HERE.

Ingredients:
- 1/2 Cup dry evaporated milk
- 1/2 Cup Powdered chocolate mix (nesquik is what I used)
- 1/2 Cup sugar
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallows
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips

I actually doubled this recipe for EACH bag (baking bags found at Hobby Lobby in the cake decorating isle). As the measurements above are to fit in a smaller jar.

I mixed all my ingredients together, then put the marshmallows on top.

I also added a cute tag I made through Picnik. Instead of paper or cardstock, I used part of grocery paper sack to print the tags on.

I printed on the tags:
Add 1/4-1/3 cup of mix to 1 cup boiling water. Enjoy!


For a little bling I found these cute snowflake ornaments at Hobby Lobby!


Each cocoa gift (including ornament) cost me about $1.40 to make!
An easy gift to give that special someone for a sweet treat!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...