Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR

Well, like most everyone of you are doing I'm wishing you all a very HAPPY NEW YEAR - May it be the best one ever.

I know the economy is taking a dive right now...so they say....don't see it when I'm out and about - people are still shopping....but that said, I think I will start thinking differently how I live.

I have taken for granted the electricity, water, food - it's just THERE....but not really. We have to work for it to be able to have it and I for one squander more than I should.

I don't do New Years Resolutions but I will try from here on to watch how I spend my money - not be frugal but just look more closely at prices and do some comparison shopping which I never usually do...if I want it I buy it. And also, not keep the water runnning unnecessarily JUST BECAUSE when I'm at the sink - and turn lights out when I'm not needing them. I find myself lazy in this respect and I will do my best to THINK from here on. It just might be fun!

Well we're in a deep freeze here yesterday and today and we have to get out and head to Janesville to a lunch with my brother/wife and then we're all going to visit an aunt/uncle.
Hopefully we'll be home this evening early and have our traditional New Year's Eve dinner of Steaks, Crab Legs.

Last night we headed to Janesville to have dinner at a great steak place with cousins visiting from Pennsylvania and by the time we left the wind was blowing hard, snowing and drifting. We have an hours drive through country, not interstate and let me tell you there were many white outs. We were very happy to hit our driveway!

Have a wonderful New Year's Eve and New Year's Day everyone.
Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...