Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Fall Art From My Own Backyard

Happy Wednesday!

The colors are vibrant outside my door! Our fall foliage is a little late this year...we've been blessed with a BEAUTIFUL FALL but very dry.

Last year at this time, our burning bush was FULL of red leaves. As you can see there is lots of green left.


We have a pretty tree to enjoy right by our back deck. Soon it's leaves will fall...so I'm enjoying this pretty site right outside my kitchen window.


A couple weeks ago, I decided to preserve some fall from my backyard.

So I grabbed some leaves from our burning bush. I just love the splash of red it gives to our yard!

Then I sandwiched them in between some wax paper and sat a big World Book Encyclopedia on top for a couple weeks.

Yesterday, I finally took them out to do something with them!


I took a garage sale frame...


Then super glued some muslin fabric around the cardboard backing.


Then I just placed some pressed leaves in place where I wanted them.

Now I have a simple art piece from my own backyard!


Be inspired outside your door. Free decor to add to your home!

I see some pinecones calling my name. :)






0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...