Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, November 22, 2010

MIXED MESSAGE

Gosh it's officially that time of year isn't it?

I've been in a weird place lately, and the holiday season has crept up on me at a faster pace than ever before. I have been very busy on a project that must stay under wraps for a while, and it has taken every spare moment.

So, in a few days it will be Thanksgiving Day and I will be hosting 17 adults and 6 children ( 5 toddlers) at our little slice of heaven. I have suddenly realized that I have been catapulted from the children's table to the CEO of Thanksgiving in a blink of an eye. Wow.

And then it is time to deck the halls...

Where did time go?

I went shopping this past weekend at Renninger's Antique Extravaganza. It was the first time in years that I shopped rather than sold, and I must say that it was a blast. It wasn't easy to cull through it all in search of Marburger worthy goods. My style has changed from my early days, there is a lot of crap out there and the BEST stuff has a price tag to match.

Here are some fabulosities that I didn't buy but boy did I want to...


This old hotel luggage trolley was the bomb but was sold before the market even opened... Grrrr.


Fabulous obelisk, but I didn't even look at the price.


Industrial has finally arrived in Florida...


I loved loved loved this real deal zinc bistro table from Paris in old white paint. The price tag? Not so much...



Without a doubt the sexiest pedestal sink I have ever seen. It didn't last long...


So as you sit down to your table on Thursday to break bread with your loved ones, as will I, let's remember those less fortunate, those that serve and protect far away, and those who have gone before us... Happy Thanksgiving to all and may your day be a blessed and joyous one...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...