Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Well What Do You Think?

Okay here it is. My version of a coin purse necklace based on the ones in my earlier post. How did I do it?

Well first you need a coin purse. Mine came from etsy~~a fantabulous source for cool vintage stuff. It had an aged gold trim on it so I used one of the little rings where a chain would go and snipped the other off.

Not having a gold chain and not really wanting to use a gold chain, I added some pretty seam binding in a color that goes with the purse. Next I added an old skeleton key along the seam binding for interest.

Last I added an old locket pin to the front of the purse to make it look more custom and more funky.

So it looks bigger in the pics than it is. Office girl's waist is just a "tad" smaller than mine. My purse is 4" by 4". The anthro ones were about 3 and 3/4" wide for the smaller ones and the largest one was 8" long. They looked tiny in the catalog pic but actually are fairly large. So mine is close in size and for less than $20 I think it's kinda cool.

What do you think?


 

 
Posted by Picasa

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...