Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Traveling friends

This bench has been around the country with us. It started off in Tennessee, then Washington State, on to New Jersey, and currently North Carolina. (yes, we've moved around a lot!) I'll always be sentimental about this bench because I bought it on an extremely tight budget early in our marriage... It was one of my first antique store finds.
When I first saw it, I instantly fell in love with the worn nature of the light wood finish. I liked the clean, straight lines of the arms contrasting the playful character of the top. My style has evolved over the years, but this bench has remained one of my favorites from the beginning. I can't say that about a lot of other things we've had over the years.
It used to be a bed frame. Someone cut the foot board in half and created arms for the headboard. Quite clever.

The suitcases beneath have also been with us from the beginning of our marriage. I found them at a garage sale. They have definitely lived up to their intended use. They've likely traveled farther with us than with their previous owners. Presently they hold my stash of beloved interior design magazines.

The bench and suitcases rest comfortably in the corner of our living room now. Seems fitting for them to stay together I think.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...