Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, February 7, 2010

I WON A BUNNY

On Friday when I heard the mailman drop the lid on the mailbox I headed to the door and before I got the storm door open I saw this white Priority box sitting almost in front of the door and I just knew who it was from and I could hardly wait to get inside and open it up….yep, I got my adorable bunny from BRENDA at http://therustythimble.blogspot.com/

THANK YOU SO MUCH BRENDA FOR DRAWING MY NAME. He’s just adorable and will find a special place in my home.

Rabbit

Well let me tell you he’s cuter in person! The detail is incredible….all the work that Brenda puts in her creations is awesome.
His outfit is all wool even!!!!

closeup of bunny

Carrot

So what do you think….did I get a great treasure or what?

hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2

Well my husband left yesterday morning (Saturday) for York, PA – there were three other drivers following him so they had good support heading into the horrible snow storm awaiting them in PA and sure enough as soon as they got about 1/2 hour from Cranberry, PA they were detoured south because of an accident that had PA Turnpike 76 tied up for hours. So south they went and finally got back on and got to their hotel in Cranberry finally.

It was pushing 8:30 and they needed (wanted) food badly so headed to Bob Evan’s….CLOSED
So they went next door to a steak place….CLOSED…
Everything was closed up….customers were still in there eating but obviously they all closed early to let their workers head home before it got too late.
So they had a pizza delivered to their rooms….now this confused me a tad….THE PLACES WERE CLOSED THAT HAD CUSTOMERS COMING TO THEM….BUT THEY KEPT EMPLOYEES WORKING THAT HAD TO GO OUT ON THE HORRIBLE ROADS TO MAKE DELIVERIES….a tad backwards I think…but at least they got food.

So Doug will go to York and the other 3 head on into Philly….but they are all heading back when the next storm is due to hit!  Hope they don’t run into any trouble this time.

hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2 hrtmine2

Does anyone know if the Valley Forge Shows were cancelled and or rescheduled???

I do know I was sad to have missed this one but there are for sure many out there saying the same thing. Oh the poor vendors…such expense to get there and set up and probably not many if any attending to buy.

I’m definitely going to Columbus March 19, 20 for the Offingers and Heritage shows…anyone else going?  It would be great to meet you all.

I hope all you out there in blog land are staying warm and safe and have a wonderful Super Bowl Sunday!

Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...