Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, February 20, 2010

A ‘Just Because’ Gift and Soup Supper

A couple days ago there was a package stuffed in my mailbox and I knew I didn’t order anything so I was very anxious to open it so in the house I hurried and inside were some wonderful gifts from a very sweet blog friend and she said she did it just because…ISN’T THAT SWEET?

Thank you Dale Elizabeth of A COUNTRY SHOP BLOG
http://acountryshop.blogspot.com/ 
Here’s what she sent me!
DalesGifts
Just look at the detail on the Candle Paddle – it’s a rusty tin candle holder tacked onto the wood…I love it!
Detail
So in the package was the Candle Paddle, Battery Candle, Wooden Egg with a Star painted on it and an adorable Pip Berry Candle Ring…that is supposed to go on the Candle Paddle but I didn’t want to cover up the detail…and the colors in the ring match the star!

oldglory1   oldglory1   oldglory1   oldglory1

We woke up this morning to more of that good ole white stuff – got about 2 inches and it’s supposed to snow again tonight.
Doug had a run to Indiana today so it was kind of a free day for me so I did some grocery shopping and then back home to make some homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – a good day for it too I might say…because it snowed off and on all day…felt like a snuggly day.
So the soup was our dinner this evening and oh did it hit the spot.
SoupSupper

Yesterday we invited Darren, MaryAnn and Aidan to lunch in Lake Geneva at this darling restaurant called Egg Harbor. We figured with Darren still off work (yep…still no use of the right arm!) we would do this now and then with him off and little Aidan was such a sweetie – I don’t think I’ve seen such a good baby in ages…not a peep out of him the whole time and he sat and ate his lunch – by himself- quietly…but those little eyes never missed a girl! Whenever a waitress or a girl customer came by he watched her the whole way and then would grin! We all had to chuckle over that. I guess even at a year and a half he has an eye for a pretty girl! LOL

I will put the 2nd part of my Pottery and Crocks on a bit later. I need to go unpack some of the pieces that are in the basement and some are high up in my cabinets – so be patient!

oldglory1   oldglory1   oldglory1   oldglory1

I put a few NEW items on my website today
One of these days I hope to get
a couple new designs on as well

And…until March 20th
EASTER LILY CANDLE HUGGERS
ON SALE FOR $7.00 reg. $10.00.

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...