Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Swedish House

It is my great pleasure to highlight this Swedish inspired home. It's located in Boone, North Carolina, and it's presently for sale. So, if you're in the market for a million dollar home ($1,200,000 to be exact), then this house might be for you! Not only is the house itself amazing, but it has the most magnificent mountain views as well.

I actually had the opportunity to tour this home in person (just to view, not to buy!). It is so much more spectacular in real life than pictures could ever capture. It was once featured in Better Homes and Gardens, and I read that the designer flew to Sweden for inspiration. What a hard, hard life.

This house has bursts of color that my own house will never see, but I really do enjoy seeing color in other people's homes. Talk about cheery! This house comes completely furnished even down to the silverware...can you imagine?! Yes, my design aesthetic could definitely transform instantaneously. How about you?






The designer had an artist come and paint the owner's children's portraits on some of the doorway headers. I so wish I had better pictures of the portraits. (you can sort of see one in the golden circle below). They are giving an allowance for the same artist to come back and paint new portraits for the lucky buyers.

This is what you see upon entering the living area. Isn't it absolutely fabulous?


Murals like this were throughout the first floor:


I wish I had a better close-up of the fireplace. The tile work is beautiful, both on the downstairs fireplace and the master bedroom.


I love the turquoise beams in the dining room. Hmm, that's something I never thought I would utter. This house has magical powers, I tell you.



Could this kitchen be any more darling? How about some sunny yellow cabinets to go with those turquoise beams?

I'll take this bedroom, thank you very much:

On second thought... sleeping by a window with that crisp mountain air breezing through might be the ticket:

Although...I could see curling up on this cozy bench seat with a book and some hot tea and a biscuit. Yes, this might be the room for me:

Here is the MLS listing. If you end up buying it, please invite me over! I promise to be super quiet. I'll cook. And clean. And really... I could sleep anywhere in this house.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...