Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, January 17, 2010

Yep, me again!

Today was absolutely beautiful outside…
cold, but it looked like we were in a frosted Winter wonderland.
The temps were a bit warmer in the night and there was lots of moisture and wow the trees, shrubs, EVERYTHING was heavy with this beautiful white frost – or maybe ice, but the sidewalks and driveway weren’t iced so I’m guessing frost.

We went out for breakfast this morning and were in awe at the beauty of it all. I had wished I had my camera with me but you really had to see it for real. There wasn’t one thing that wasn’t covered with it. I don’t think I’ve seen it like that in many, many years. When we drove past the lake the Willow trees looked suspended – everything looked like a painting. I couldn’t stop looking.

Then we stopped at the store so I could get the fixins for home made pizza for dinner tonight – which we already ate and it was delicious.
I have been making this for all our married life – it was a Sunday night supper when our boys were growing up and a family favorite.
This makes a large jelly roll size pizza – enough for a family of 5 at least.

KAREN’S  PIZZA
(2) 6.5 oz. bags pizza crust mix
(1) 15 oz. Dei Fratelli pizza sauce

(4)
cup pkg. shredded Mozzarella Cheese
(1) small onion – quartered and sliced thin
(1) 7 oz. can stems & pieces mushrooms/drained
1/2 cup green olives or black olives/sliced
(2) small Roma Tomatoes/sliced thin
3/4 lb. ground Sirloin or Italian Sausage
Salt
Pepper
Oregano
You will need a sheet cake pan or large round pizza pan
Prepare pizza crust as directed, let stand about 5 min. for easier handling
Grease pan, pat out dough to come up the edges of pan
Then layer these ingredients:
Mushrooms
Olives
Onions
Tomatoes
Then take your ground Sirloin and pinch flat pieces off….
this makes the meat cook faster
Salt, pepper and Oregano
Top off with the shredded cheese
Bake 425 degrees for 25 minutes
Let stand about 5 minutes to set up some.
I don’t use a pizza cutter – I use a large butcher knife….I cut up and down, if you try and draw the knife across it pulls the cheese and toppings off.
ENJOY!

Pizza 1

Pizza Pan

Pizza 6

Pizza Crust

Pizza 2

Pizza 3

 Pizza SauceMushrooms

 Olives

GroundSirloin

Pizza Cheese

Pizza 4

Pizza 5

Finished Pizza

This recipe sounded wonderful…
it was on the back of the Mozzarella package

Recipe 1

I hope you all try this pizza at some point – you won’t be sorry.
It’s my recipe (although you can’t really call it a recipe – just ingredients that are typical to a pizza…but please just try it!

I decided to post again because I won’t be able to for a few days with so much going on here.
Take care,

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...