Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, January 23, 2010

Company for Dinner

We had a wonderful beginning to our weekend after a hectic week of hospitals, funerals and taking kitty to the vet…what a week.

Poor Baby has been feeling dumpy and her eye is mattering and she’s sneezing and wheezing so off to the Vet we went on Thursday…and finally after the tune of $178, 2 bottles of Anti-biotic and having to get a urine sample from her (yeah, right!) we got her home. She has a cold and a virus and bladder infection. I feel so bad for her, she’s just so quiet and sweet and now she looks so sad. I don’t like it when my animals hurt…I don’t know what to do for them.
Baby

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Soooo – anyway, the fun time! Doug’s cousin is here from Florida visiting her son/family and so her and two other cousins came over this afternoon and I cooked a pot roast dinner. Darlene (from Florida) has been so hungry for this so I told her I’d fix it – oh it was delicious if I say so myself!

Doug and girls 
Cousin on the left from Florida…2 cousins (sisters) and Doug

Roasts
We went to one of our favorite markets and had them cut these two roasts fresh – total weight is 7 lbs. Don’t they look good??

Roastinpan
Just a bit of salt/pepper/bay leaves and onions and away it cooks

Pot Roast 
After the meat is done I remove it and put it in a baking dish, covered with foil, and then in a warm oven until the vegetables are done.
I use the juice from the meat, extra beef broth and 2 jars of Heinz Chicken Gravy to simmer the potatoes, carrots and onions in till tender.
When the vegies are tender I remove them and thicken the gravy

Fruit 
I knew we wouldn’t need much with the meal so I just made some fruit cups of peaches, pears and cherries. The girls brought a cake with them for dessert

 CornBread1

CornBread
I also made a Corn Bread but not from scratch. I found a most wonderful one by Marie Callenders – they used to have restaurants but I don’t think they exist anymore…but they were very famous for their Corn Bread. So try and find this product…it’s wonderful and tastes as good as homemade…very moist and sweet.

Table

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Tomorrow will be a day of relaxing and sewing on orders. I got a couple large ones so I’ll be busy for a few weeks. Doug will be going on deliveries so this gives me something to do.

I’ll be visiting you soon…see ya!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...