Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Perfect Grey and Prime Shed Real Estate


Isn't this the most perfect colour for this house?!!! I couldn't imagine it any other colour. The grey just makes the white and greenery pop. If I could get it this right, I would go dark grey next time. This is a beautiful home in the Northern Hemisphere (of course) photographed by Maria Killim, from Colour Me Happy Blog. 


Now, if I could just organise Dulux to do a colour match to 'Pratt and Lambert Wendigo' grey, I have my next house exterior colour sorted. Done. 

Ok, big day today. My shed leaks.... the shed where I work from for Cape Cod Designs. Even though it is on the ground floor and there is a unit above me, it leaks. Significantly. When it rains, the water finds a course from the roof of the complex, down metal beams and straight into my shed... and the poor guy's next to me. He has swimming pool size puddles. Often. I had a bookcase with every shelf filled with water...bye-bye 15 yr old wedding frock, bye-bye photo albums.... and lots of beautiful stock that I was saving up for a Christmas shopping post over at 'Cape Cod Designs'.... all ready to go. It's happened before. Twice. I have to save all the soggy stuff for the insurance company to view. I still have the stuff from the last leak.....  once beautiful cushions and throws growing mould and fascinating fungi, much to the boys scientific delight.


Prime Shed Real Estate. Doesn't get any better than this.

So.... I'm moving sheds. I am moving from 'prime shed real estate' (I had the best, most coveted position for a small business.... under cover, huge area in front to spread out and box up my lights, easy access for the forklift for my pallets, natural light) ... to a shed in a dark alleyway of sheds. Sigh. I'll have to get a super duper light. No more beautiful daylight to work by. Small blessing...this new shed is 0.5m wider though. That might not mean much to you but to someone with stock, it's luxury! .. and I have demanded the same price for it. 

Ok, so little one and I are going to make a start today. Big one is on a sleep over and was delighted to hear he would not be around to start the move! The blessings? I get to do a stocktake as I go......and I get to the back of the shed (where no person has gone before... well at least for a couple of years).....and I'll find my teacups!

Happy Saturday. I will report back tomorrow!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...