Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas-Last Minute Gifts

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM OUR HOME TO YOURS!
I hope you are all enjoying a wonderful Holiday weekend with your loved ones!

I thought I would leave you a couple last minute gift ideas just in case you are still scrambling for ideas for those late Christmas get togethers.

We will be spending time in my hometown with my family. For the last few years, we decided the adults in my family each choose a name for a gift so that we don't have the stress and burden of getting each person a gift. It has worked great! This year is a little different, each gal gets a girl gift and each guy gets a guy gift. Gifts need to be $10 or less. Then somehow we will do a gift exchange.

Since some of my family might read my little blog here, I didn't post what I made to ruin the surprise.

So now it's safe to post, I thought I'd share my gift. It was easy and fun to make. 

I decided to make photo coasters for the gal recipient of my gift along with some Shaklee Hand Soap. I couldn't forget the gift of health! 

The photo coasters included my sons, my nieces and nephew and my cousin's son. On the 4th coaster I added some scrapbook paper and a sticker.

I got these cute tiles for super cheap at Home Depot. I cut the photos down a little smaller than the size of the tile. I applied modge podge directly to the tile and then I placed the photo on top. I then put a heavy book on top of the tile and photo while the modge podge dried. After it was dry, I applied 2 coats of modge podge over the photo...I allowed dry time between each coat. To have super durability, I gave each coaster 3 coats of Clear Spray Sealer. When all dried I added felt pads on all 4 corners on the bottom of each coaster.



The set probably cost around $2 to make. :) Tie with a ribbon and it's ready to gift! I wanted to keep them for myself. Good thing I have extra tile.



And one last gift I wanted to share was Christmas Potpourri in a bag. I got the idea from HERE. I made these for my co-workers. Super easy to whip together with items from your kitchen. Add a tag and a bow and your all set!


Merry Christmas!
Don't forget to come back for Terrific Under Ten Tuesday!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...