Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, December 16, 2011

Craft Room Peak

We have one room in our house that used to be a real embarrassment! It's a partially unfinished room in our basement that I mostly used for crafts. It is also the first room that we walk into our house from the garage. So we put up this door wall to divide the room for an unofficial mudroom entrance and to block off the craft mess. :)


The half painted floor was driving me nuts as well. Whenever I came home, it felt like a big DIY project slapping me in the face every time I would come home. Not a good feeling to greet me.


 Behind the doors is my craft area. I used to do craft fairs for several years so this space was perfect to create. I no longer do craft fairs...so the room was becoming a dumping ground with thrift finds and extra decor. Very embarrassing. LOL


So a few weeks ago, I said enough was enough! We cleared the room out. Now my garage is full and my husband can't park in there now... :)

But the room looks so much better and bigger with everything removed and the door wall down. Our boys had fun playing around in the big open space!


Our boys were also our big helpers for the day. They helped us clean the walls and floor for painting and floor prep.


We cleaned everything with, what else...Basic H2! Love this stuff!


This room is going to now be a kid rec room and craft room. My son got to pick the color. Vivid Turquoise! Him and his brother are so excited for their new room!



 So here it is today!


We still have many more details to finish in the room. But this is what is keeping us busy these days. The floor is almost done, just a little to finish close to the walls.


Do you have a craft or kid room? Got any clever organizing ideas for all the supplies and toys?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...