Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Celebrating Advent

There are so many wonderful homemade Advent calendar ideas to make for your family all over blogland and pinterest!

Well I must admit that I have gone the easy route on this one and bought an advent book last year. So I thought I would share what my family does.

It's quite simple but my boys love it!

Last year, I bought The Story of Christmas Advent Book Set off Amazon. I really did my research before buying one. I wanted one that will last throughout the years. My husband's family had an advent book that he remembers very fondly of. So this book looked like a keeper and especially for the price!


You open up the flaps and inside are 25 little book ornaments that tell the story of Christmas. The stories in each book are very short, especially for short attention spans of little boys. :)


Then when we are done reading the story, we hang the ornament book on one of our little trees. We normally read our advent book right after supper so we keep the trees in the dining room.

Like I said it's very simple and there are no treats with everyday...but my boys really look forward to reading their books and learning the Real Reason for the Season.


Do you like my little trees? I got them at Michaels on sale for around $2.50 each! They even had the cute burlap tied on the bottom. Now that's a bargain!




How do you celebrate the Advent Season with your family?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...