Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What’s up with me…

That’s right…what’s up with this - two posts in a week – can you tell by now I’m in a chatty phase!
Guess it comes from always having to talk to myself because no one here listens – well, listen yes, just not contributing to the other end of the conversation…so it’s you all who gets my chatter!  Lucky You!!!

So on with it….

First…I see today I reached 740 followers…WOW…thank you everyone for being so supportive – it’s because of you that I keep doing this blog.
Every now and then someone comments that isn’t a follower but I LOVE THAT…I visit different blogs too! They are all so wonderful but I think you all realize like me that you can’t get to everyone – so we do what we can.
I kind of have a little system (doesn’t always work but I try).
One day I will use the list on my blog sidebar to go visiting…another time I’ll go from the list on my dashboard – seems I get to some of the one’s I’ve forgotten about.


Sunday I decided to get my Spring flowers out. There were many. I keep buying ones that catch my eye so I think I have enough now. In fact I put a few back in the basement storage.
Here are the color piles I had to work with
Pinks…
Pink flowers

Purples…
Purple flowers

Yellow/Red/Golds…
Yellow and Red flowers

And here’s where they all got placed

At the back door on the bench…
Back porch crock

Front porch…
Front porch flowers

Tin in Dining Room…this is on my bench by the stairs, I also put it in front of the windows but Lola likes to play with them so not sure where they will land for sure.
tin with flowers
Flowers in Window 2

Lavender on Red Pewter Cupboard…
Red cupboard and Lavendar

Pinks on top of cupboard in kitchen…
Pink on cupboard

A couple of Pansies on top of Mitten cupboard in kitchen…

DSC02807

Last week we found the Robbins building nests on two of our house lights – both fell down on their own because there just wasn’t a solid base to hold them up there – but there’s some left on the front porch light – maybe mama will come back – not sure.
Birdnest

I froze my ham bone from Easter so on Sunday I also made some Bean and Ham Soup – and I must say it really tasted quite good. Yesterday when we went to visit my aunt I took her a large jar of it and she was very happy! It’s something an 84 year old lady living alone just doesn’t make.

Pot of soup

We ate lap top style that evening
(looks rather green like Pea soup doesn’t it…yuk!)
Bean Soup

I also made some wonderful Chocolate Chip Cookies
Took auntie some too…
Cookie Dough
Cookies 1
Chocolate Chip cookies 1

Okay, I’ve bent your ears long enough…but I have one more thing…
I made a new little table mat.
It’s not my design but a ‘Penny Lane’ design.
I revamped it for myself to use on my little table. It caught my eye and so I made it my own with buttons and larger leaves. I won’t put it for sale because it is someone else’s design regardless of the revamping but I wanted to share it with you.
Flowers in Basket Mat 1

Enjoy…

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...