Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, May 26, 2011

I'VE GOT THE BLUES...AND PURPLES...

The garden is struggling a bit these days as we can't buy a drop of rain here in Florida. Color is not abundant except here in my collection of old buckets and other containers scattered about the back patio.


These blue salvias remind me so much of lavender, which does not do well in our normally wet climate.

They start out with buds that are white...


And then, they explode into these gorgeous blue blossoms. I've been experimenting with soft focus, hope you appreciate the effect...


Scaveola in two shades of purple make a pretty showing in my old triple sink.



Purple cat's whiskers in an old cast iron kettle frame the garden cottage in the background.


Oh and an update on mother dove. Still on the nest. Things are looking good.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...