Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Mini Plank Wood Frame

Did you go check out my guest post over at Chicks Dig Deals last week? I show you an easy tutorial on how to make a fun plank wood frame.


I enjoyed it so much, I made a mini version to share with you today.


I cut 3 equal length 1x3's that I already had in my wood stash. Before I assembled the frame, I went ahead and painted them the colors of my choice. I used cream and seaside.


After they were dry, I attached all 3 pieces from the back with 2 pieces of lathe. I screwed them into each board to properly secure.


 I sanded down the edges and all over for the nice distressed look. I then applied Early American MinWax Stain to richin' up the color a little.


I painted a clothespin black then I applied a small piece of scrapbook paper to the front with modge podge. When it was dry, I sanded the edges and used some ink to darken the edges.

I then attached a clothespin to the middle piece of plank with a screw. There was already a hole in the actual clothespin. If you find that difficult, then Gorilla Glue will work good, too.


And now I have a fun mini plank frame to display one of my favorite photos from Summerstead. It's actually a postcard that she sent to me when I won her FAB giveaway awhile back. I just love Heather's photography. And this simple chair just makes me smile.


Thanks for stopping by today!

Linking up HERE

The Lettered Cottage


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...