Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

My 50 cent stool

I bought this wonderful already distressed stool at a garage sale for 50 cents last fall. Don't know if it is old or was put together with old wood, but I still snagged it up for that price!

The only problem was that I didn't like the green. It was like minty sea green. I even kept it outside all winter to see if the green would distress more...but I still wasn't in love with it.  


After cleaning it up, I used some leftover cream paint and 'dry brushed' the stool. I purposely left some of the old wood and green paint peeking through. I didn't want to cover up all the wonderful crackle from the previous layers of paint.

It was a little too white...so I added some Early American MinWax stain to tone it down a bit. :)


Now I really love it.


It's tall and sturdy so it makes a wonderful stepping stool as well for my 3 year old. :)


Look at that beautiful crackle.


Not bad for 50 cents! I love finds like this!


Linking up HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...