Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Where do I begin…

The last few weeks have been the busiest I’ve had in just ages.

So….what has been happening since I was here last.

We celebrated Aidan’s 4th birthday at their house on the 20th – we went and visited early in the day because I wanted to enjoy Aidan before I started the day and didn’t know how I would feel being I had the procedure the day before.

That little boy is such a delight – he gets so tickled out of everything.
He has this thing with my camera…will not leave it alone and takes tons of pictures when he gets it in his little hands….so we bought him his own digital camera – Fischer Price makes a child friendly digital camera.
We couldn’t have gotten a better gift – along with some clothes and a toy…he was a pretty happy little boy.
 
aidan camera

He’s showing grandpa the ultra-sound pictures of baby Miranda
aidan showing pictures
And shortly we will be greeting baby Miranda into the family…if she doesn’t go into labor by Sunday night the Dr. is taking her on Monday and inducing labor…he doesn’t want to let her go any longer being she’s a high risk.

 

My brother and his wife came over on Sunday and we went to the Elkhorn flea market – it is held at the fairground and it’s huge!  We arrived at 7 when it opened and left at 1 – I honestly can’t believe I held up that long but like I said at the beginning – just loosing a bit of the pain gives me more energy – oh, that  and 2 Vicodin helped…

Here are a few goodies I found.
This tin of really old and vintage buttons is large (a 14 inch tin).
I saw tons of vendors selling jars of them from $5 to $20 – which to me is way out of line.  Then I saw this tin and saw that there were very few buttons I could use for my projects.  She had $5 on it and I said it was a good price but I could use but a few in there and she said take it for $3.  Oh yes…I did take it.  I came home and put them in a bucket with Pine-sol and soaked them overnight – the water was about the color of this blog background.  But they smell good now!
 
buttons 1

Love my drying rack – it has original blue paint on it and she was asking $18 – I got it for $16.
linen rack 1


Now this bowl is large – it’s about 9 inches high and 15 inches wide. I really don’t think it’s old – probably a reproduction as she has $28 on it…I got it for $24.  but I loved the size and the Aqua blue ring instead of the other ones I’ve seen with Royal Blue
large bowl 1
large bowl

Remember the peaches I bought at the rummage sale a couple weeks ago for .10 each?
They look quite real sitting in the bowl don’t you think?

peaches in bowl

Loooove this hanging basket – I will put greens and a candle in it for Christmas

Basket 


So what’s next…Oh yes…Monday we went to Madison for the Wholesale Cash and Carry show.
I bought a couple things to re-sell at the show as long as they are handmade

Bought two of these fabric bags  - I’ll add some Sweet Annie in the pocket
Fabric bag

One vendor has put out a line of woven table squares and table cloths…they aren’t as nice as FHW’s but they are nice.
This one will be used on one of my display tables at the show.  It’s a nice 52 x52
linen rack 2

And these adorable mini bowls…hand made by one hyper little gal.
I didn’t intend to buy 3 – let alone all with Red but she had them in the bag before I could say anything.
But at .25 cents each they were staying they were hard to pass up.
I use these small bowls for rings and earrings and my vitamins so it’s okay that I have them.

The 2 Mercury ornaments were a find at the flea market
ornaments bowls

I bought 2 of these wood over the door candle holders for the show to display my candles that I wrap with flax and jute.
Wood candle holder

And I can’t get by without some Black Crow Candles…I bought 2 with a Christmas scent for the show – candles never sold well for me so I’m just trying 2 for the first show.
Candles

I finally got some Sweet Annie in the wall box that I bought at the rummage sale a few weeks ago.
Wall box 2

When it was time for my brother and sil to leave on Sunday Gene gave me something – he knew I’d love it and cherish it.
It’s my grandparent’s marriage certificate.
Dated June 21, 1911 – he gave it to me June 25, 2012…it’s 101 years and 4 days old!
It’s in sad condition so I want to get it framed (and hopefully they can clean it also)
marriage license 1
license date

Oh, one more thing…I started a new blog for KM Primitives – It’s in the process but it would be great if you would follow me and add me to your blog list on your sidebar so that when I get it up and running completely it will be more noticed.
http://kmprimitives.blogspot.com/
I have categories and will add products as I make new designs. I’m having a devil of a time getting Paypal  set up and products on.

Blessings,

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...