Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Home Staging

I have teamed up with a couple of realtors in the Northern Virginia area to do some home staging. So far, the homes that I have been hired to stage have been vacant.  This is typically not the case when you hire a stager.  When I walk into a vacant home, I am in my element.  Brad and I start hauling our stuff in and I have a ball arranging furniture, hanging curtains, making beds, placing accessories, etc. LOVE. It. Here is a home that I just finished. The realtor took me over to the house a couple of weeks ago to get an idea of what I may need.  She said I didn't have to stage the entire home, but she really wanted the living room, dining room, and master bedroom done.

Here is the living room BEFORE
 Here is the living room AFTER the staging
 Luckily, the realtor had the IKEA sofa and chairs in her warehouse. The blue sofa was not cutting it for me. ;) I took out the orginal living room coffee table and replaced it with one that was in the basement.  I didn't love either coffee table but had to work within my $1000.00 budget.  I know that may seem like a lot of money, but it adds up when you're buying curtains, throw pillows, etc. There wasn't money in the budget for a new coffee table, so I tried to use what we already had.

The dining room BEFORE

The dining room AFTER

The master bedroom BEFORE

The master bedroom AFTER

The guest room BEFORE

The guest room AFTER

More pictures...



Thank you to my awesome babysitter who not only came over and helped me stage the house, but also took the amazing cloud picture shown above. 



I bought these 3 mirrors, and I think they look great in a grouping!



To any realtors, email me if you're interested in hiring me for any of your listings. If it's a vacant home, I have a pretty large staging inventory. If it's just to go to the seller's home for a consultion, I charge $230 for 2 hours. In that time, I will do the following:

- Rearrange furniture as needed
- Rid clutter
- Advise on paint colors if they are choosing to repaint
- Advise on what should be moved from the home
- Identify places in the home that need to be cleaned (e.g. baseboards, doors, walls, etc.)

Then, I will create a punch list and email it to both the realtor and seller.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...