Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

New treasures – Party - Discovery

I wanted to add this to my post the other day but I didn’t have the pictures ready – now I really didn’t want to make a long post but I had a few things to share with you.

I haven’t done any re-decorating for quite awhile so I have NO great re-do photos…but I did buy some new items that I will need to find room for eventually (well, like around Christmas time) – so I took pictures of them and then put them in storage.

Last Saturday we went to our home town to their city wide rummage sale. I only went there for one reason – Spinning Wheel wholesale went out of business/retired actually – and they were selling all that was left of their wholesale inventory (ALL NEW ITEMS).
I needed some candles for my business and Julia said they had some but not a lot but we decided to go an see anyway.  Well I tell you they might as well have been giving these things away.  The prices were incredible. All new items too…not rummage.

I bought Two framed fabric pictures for Christmas…one is an original that they used as the prototype for reproduction – I got it for $5.00 !!!
And it’s very large too – approx. 20 x 30
Snowmen picture 1

And this wonderful Santa – it’s approx. 16 x 22   $2.00
 
Santa picture

Peaches anyone?  These are the best and so real looking
.10 cents each!!  I bought all they had – 1 dozen
Peaches

And Two absolutely beautiful old world Santa’s - $1.00 each
Santas 

For $2.00 I got this large wall box with drawer – it’s in my hallway and I’m going to add a bunch of Sweet Annie and Lavender
Tall box

And the candles…$2.00 a box for 24 – Julia threw in another box for free – 48 candle packs – that came out to .o4 cents per candle pack!!!
Candles

And last this wonderful cloth doll – she was just $1.00
Hanging angel

So how did I do????  Pretty great I think. Now could you have passed these things up for the price…I THINK NOT!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On Friday we had a party here for Emily (granddaughter).  She graduated from 8th grade and now there’s a graduation ceremony for almost every grade it seems – so she graduated on the 5th and will now be in high school.
Anyway we told her we’d give a lunch here for her and some of her friends.
She chose a Mexican theme and we went shopping together for the decorations and table ware.  She knew the colors she wanted and we found most everything at Party City (awesome store!)
But first…here’s Em with her diploma at graduation – she also received the Presidents Education Award for outstanding academic excellence

Emily graduation 2

Award

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

On with the party….
Photo taken right away so I could have 5x7’s made to put in frames for all the girls to take home
Girls
Grad gowns

Table 1
Table setting

Snack table in screen room
Snack table 1
Snacks 1 

Emily started off the Piñata !
 
Emily Pinata
 Emily Pinata 2

Dessert and paper flower making and then they got their goodie bags
Eating dessert
Paper Flowers 1
Goodie Bags

THE END….
Group

I guess I forgot to mention what her menu was.
Salsa/Chips
Fruit Punch – glasses rimmed with Strawberry syrup and then dipped in Pop Rocks
Chicken Tortilla Soup
Chicken Enchilada’s
Taco bar
Ice Cream Sundaes with fixn’s for toppings

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And then as luck would have it – when my friend was here from PA our air con decided to stop working – but it was old. It was here 33 years ago when we bought the houses and from what the installer said it was here 7 years before that. So it did its job for all those years so we can’t complain at all.

OUT WITH THE OLD
Old air con

IN WITH THE NEW
Air con 2

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

And last…in all my years I had never seen a LUNA MOTH until Wednesday. I was in the garden showing my sil a flower and my brother said why is that leaf moving and you are way over there….he looked closer and there it was – just hatched and was drying its wings.  Gorgeous thing of nature.
Luna Moth 1
Luna Moth 2

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Well I hope you enjoyed this very long picture heavy post…that’s what happens when I’m too busy to get on here and post regularly – it just builds and they you suffer…

Going to be busy again the next several weeks – I’m finally finished with all orders and will start my show items – yes I know…it’s in 8 weeks – BUT I CAN DO THIS!!!
Oh, and I found out where my actual vendor space for the Lititz show will be.
On Main Street down near Linden Hall School for Girls– that’s down past the shops and by Sturgis Pretzel – come visit!!!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...