Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, August 19, 2010

LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT

Back in the days of owning my own shop I used to while away the hours on slow days looking at the fabulous european blogs that are all aglow in gorgeous tones of white. It was on of these fabulous blogs that I saw a picture of the front of this stunning book.



I had to possess it...

The blog wasn't in english of course. I made it my mission to find some way to get my hands on this book. A stroke of luck had put me in contact with a european blogger who spoke english who helped me find my way to the jeanne d'arc living site. For a whopping $96 I was able to score a copy. I didn't care. I had to own this beautiful homage to a decorating style I hadn't seen before but had to know more about. This was in 2007 and the explosion of love for all things jeanne d'arc wasn't apparent on any of the blogs I was reading.

I can't tell you how many hours I have spent studying this treasure. It is my favorite book that I own far and away. I wanted to share some of the pages with you. I have no idea if it is still in print or not, but I suspect that it is not. Let me know if you know otherwise.

In all its glory, Franske Stemninger pa nordisk vis.



































P.S. Carola at Boxwood Cottage has sweetly let me know that this book is still in print and she has links where you can purchase it. Go HERE to contact her. The book is still in Dutch but the pictures are worth every penny I promise!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...