Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Amish Fiction – oh how I love it!

Now I’m not sure how many of you saw my post on APP forum about my ‘love’ of reading Amish Fiction…well if you didn’t read it here's my passion  -  and I’m amazed to find so many out there that love them too…I have quite a large library of the books and I keep adding to it.

Amish Fiction books are so heartwarming, a learning lesson in their culture
(because everything is researched and not published unless it's fact - except for the
story line itself...that's fiction), great characters, and just plain entertaining.

I have been a huge fan of the Amish culture for over 30 years...we visit Lancaster, PA a couple times a year (more when we can) and love our drives in the country seeing their beautifully kept home settings and just seeing them out in their buggies.

We do not stare, or think they are a spectacle to be watched, nor do we take pictures of them, we do not disrespect their lifestyle...WE SIMPLY LOVE IT AND ARE AWED by their simple (yet hard) way of life....and hard as it is...it is real and for the most part, they are a close knit community.

My favorite authors are:
Beverly Lewis
Wanda Brunstetter
Cindy Woodsmall
(you must read Sister's of the Quilt series  by Cindy -
my husband even like listening to the audios of this series)

BJ Hoff
Shelley Shepard Gray
Kim Vogel Sawyer
Beth Wiseman
Kathleen Fuller
Linda Byler
Jerry S. Eicher
Amy Clipston

I order them from:  Christian Books .com   I typed in the words ‘Amish Fiction’ when I first started searching a few years ago and all the authors books came up.
Here’s the link:  http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/easy_find?Ntt=amish+fiction&N=0&Ntk=keywords&action=Search&Ne=0&event=ESRCN&nav_search=1&cms=1

And here's my collection

Amish Books 2

Amish Books 1 

Christmas pie 
This one I’m reading right now from the library

All that being said...these books take me into their lives and community and I read until my eyes blur.

My first series was ABRAM'S  DAUGHTERS
a set of 5 in the series and I was hooked.
I get about 2-3 books a month and read them quickly...also I have been ordering the
audio's as well and listen to them on our travels.

Abrams Daughters

I know I've gone on here - well I just can't say enough about the Amish books...
my daughter in-law has even started getting interested in them.

I just finished listening to Indiana Cousins audios I  got from the library
 Indiana cousins audio 1  Indiana cousins audio 3  Indiana cousins audio 2

I was at Barnes & Nobles yesterday and bought 3 Amish books!

RebeccaI thought as long as I was buying Book 1, I might as well get book 2 and 3 to complete the trilogy.
It's called THE ADAMS COUNTY TRILOGY by Jerry S. Eicher
I've read his books before and they are good too...
They Trilogy has….
Rebecca's Promise
Rebecca's Return
Rebecca's Choice

Do ya think these are about REBECCA?????

It will give me something to read when we travel to Lancaster a week from today!
I have the audio’s of Abram’s Daughters on order from Christian Books but they have been on back order forever…was hoping they would be here in time to listen to on the trip.

I was hoping to have some pretties to share with you today
but I don’t so you will have to be happy with my books!

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...