Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 9, 2010

Chronicling Babywise- Week 4

Well, this week just got away from me and I did not chronicle day by day (or even every couple days) like I had in the previous weeks (CLICK HERE TO SEE: Week One, Week Two, Week Three). But here's what most days this week looked like:

Pretty much every day we nursed at the 2 & 1/2 - 3 hour mark throughout the day (and honestly, I try to keep it pretty close to that 2 & 1/2 hour time... and he does too... I start feeling the milk let-down, and he wakes up & starts crying, usually within a few minutes of that 2 & 1/2 hour mark, so both of us are a bit geared towards this routine now). :) Nearly every day this week, there was one feeding where he was hungry before the 2 & 1/2 hour mark, sometimes at two hours, and one time (this evening) at the 1 & 1/2 hour mark. So he got fed at that time.

Most nights now, he's sleeping one 4 or 4 & 1/2 hour stretch, plus a 3 hour stretch, so that's going in the right direction. I'm definitely feeling the exhaustion, but thinking/hoping that maybe we're about half-way through the time when he'll be waking up at night. He's four weeks old today, and our other four kids have started sleeping 6+ hours at night between 5 & 1/2 and 10 weeks, so maybe we're about halfway through.

I do know that I need to drink plenty of water, and not do too much. Today I started back a very mild school routine with the older boys (I can't believe I have a 3rd grader and a 1st grader-- wow, time flies!). So things are plugging along here in our house. I guess we're adjusting to our new normal.


[Here are links to this whole Babywise series: Week 1, Week 2, Week 3, Week 4, Week 5, Weeks 6 & 7, Weeks 8-14]

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...