Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, August 9, 2010

Have A Seat

Hello peeps! I hope your weekend was great! I did manage to get a couple projects done. I'll share one with you today. It was super easy!

Remember this bench I (hubby) picked up in our neighbors trash. :) I did a quickly little makeover on it. It had a gross vinyl top on it but it was easy to remove. When I was taking it apart, it looked like someone made it back in the day...


And here it is today! Yeah!


I painted the legs "parchment" from folk art craft paints. I sanded the edges and added Early American stain by MinWax.


For the top, I added some thin batting and muslin fabric I already had in my craft stash. I just wrapped the top like a present and stapled the fabric to the bottom. Super easy to do!

Then I taped off some lines with painter's tape and painted them dark red with a stenciling brush. Then I looked through my fonts on the computer and found a fun "J" (for our last name). It adds a nice touch. I just drew it on with a pencil and then painted.


There are so many muslin fabrics out there. I had this nice one where you can really see the weave and texture. It gives the look of burlap, but so much smoother.


I wipped this up in no time. And the stain dried in NO TIME with our HOT summer we've been having. We have been in a heat advisory for the past week, it seems! It's just no fun being outside...like a sauna. Blah.

Our little bench will make it's home in our master bathroom that will soon get it's makeover. Can't wait!


Come by again on Wednesday! I have a fun giveaway to announce!
Have a wonderful day!




Keeping It Simple


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...