Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

WHITE WEDNESDAY

Follow me into the dining room for this week's WHITE WEDNESDAY. Like the rest of the "manor", this room is quite diminutive in size but it's full of character. We added beadboard and moldings and a fireplace mantle to give it some presence and then filled it full of old chippy white painted pieces.


First up is an old metal medical cabinet I bought from TOT at Marburger. I spend many an hour shooing the grandbabies away from this chippy piece.


Behind it is an old trellis and an old sign.


A 13 foot orchard ladder which we cut 5 feet off of to fit in the house. I hang old linens on it.


One of my favorite old clocks and flower frogs. The frog reminds me of a crown.



I have a pair of these old chippy columns.


A fab old beadboard cupboard. These are invaluable as my kitchen leaves a lot to be desired in the storage department.




An old zinc top table. On top is a cloche, and an old chippy iron radiator topper with a battery jar full of old mercury glass ornaments. My granddaughter thinks these are balls. There is a relocation in the future for these I am sure.


The cloche and a pitcher of tallow berries. The wooden pieces are French bingo tokens.


This chippy beauty holds my brown transferware and ironstone collection.


An old lightning rod.






This old school teacher's desk is one of my fav pieces. Behind it is a huge piece of architectural trim.


This gorgeous bench was a gift from Marsha at FRENCH NEST.



The fireplace mantle we added. Above it is a piece we made using an old mirror frame and a piece of old ceiling tin.




Love these old corbels.


An architectural piece I added old hooks to for old lace curtains.


One of my girls~~I found these awesome angel wings at an antique shop in Tennessee. They are from an old costume.


An old cloche.


Hope you enjoyed the fifty cent tour! See you next week...
Hugs,
Shelley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...