Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 15, 2009

SPECIAL ORDER

A while back I was asked to do a special order for a dear customer of mine....remember the chair mat and little table mat with the sheep/apple cart and apple trees??? Same lady...I also made here a shower valance awhile back as well....
So she wants a header for her french doors and I am enjoying working on it so much....it was intimidating at first because of the different measurements it's 21 inches deep by 51 inches wide - getting the checkerboard edges equal was the dilly!


She sent me the small original hanging that she wants me to copy only in a larrrrrrg size.
So here's the progress....I'm doing this free hand with no patterns to cut by but it's coming out pretty darned good if I must say so myself...

You can click on pictures to enlarge them

GETTING IT MEASURED FOR BORDER
The backing is Coffee dyed Onsberg cloth and I got the color to match the original quite nicely.

HOUSE PIECES AND SHEEP ALL CUT OUT

CLOSEUP OF HOUSE....pieces are just sitting - not tacked or glued yet

TREES....the original has brown Herringbone wool for the trees and I had black Herringbone so I used a brown shoe polish rub and they turned out perfect! Yes, they look like Palm Trees...but when the leaves and apples get on them they won't.

OKAY....HERE'S A DON'T DO.....Don't walk in front of a blowing window air conditioner with your piecework!!!!! LOL

THIS IS THE ORIGINAL PIECE - Pretty isn't it....now the one I'm making is double this size and will have a rod pocket on the back so she can hang it over her French Doors

Hope you enjoyed my show and tell today!!!!
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...