Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Where I Create

So, very recently KAREN of MY DESERT COTTAGE hosted a party called Where Women Create. Well I missed the boat so to speak. Guess I wasn't keeping up with my favs and so I didn't get in on the fun. I have been planning a post for a while featuring my studio space, and this finally got me to stop procrastinating. Come on in...

Looking in at my studio...


Where I blog and chat with you...


Old cupboard where all the stuff lives...


Where I sit...


Old chippy column and one of the "girls"...


Super old buttons hand~sewn on a card and labeled in the hand of the previous owner. Some are 1800's...


One of three dress forms I own and love love love...


View of the old zinc-top table I covet. Above it a collection of found objects on an old piece of architectural trim from an 1800's home.


My fab table and an old medical stool...


Old French bottle drying rack used to hold ribbon and seam binding...


Found objects...



Fab old suitcase with gorgeous wallpaper lining holds my old grain sacks, an old frame and my initial "S"...



Perfect place to sit and read a magazine...


My "junk" collage on old baby bed springs...


Old oil painting of pansies...


One of my favorite old cupboards that houses my books and flower frog collection. On top, my favorite old corbels...


My inspiration board made from a huge old frame. I pieced together some old grain sack fragments quilt-style and added wire to hang found objects from...



Maybe the favorite thing I own~~an old French grain sack framed in a chippy old white painted frame with the original wavy glass...


Can't get enough of these old ghosting mirrors. The post card was my great~grandmother's.


I love wasp nests. This is the grand~daddy of all time and a double decker...


Gorgeous old silver beaded cord with tassels...


Pile of grain sacks...


Last but not least, my huge chalkboard I made from an old mirror frame. This hung in both of my shops and I could have sold it a zillion times. I never will...


Hope you enjoyed the tour... Thanks for stopping by.

Hugs,
Shelley

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...