Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sneak Peek -- My New Kitchen

For some reason I get all self conscious and procrastinate when it comes to sharing pictures of my own house. (Other people's homes, sure, no problem. Mine -- yikes!) But I'm really pleased with how my kitchen is coming along, and wanted to share it with all of you.

I want the feel of a Parisian bistro-- it's not there yet, but I think once the lighting and hardware is in, we may get close.


This is very much "in progress" -- the view into the kitchen would show some gaping holes under the cooktop and where the oven goes, and there is an obvious cover panel missing at the end of the upper cabinets.

Formerly there was a row of cabinets blocking this view -- getting rid of them has done amazing things to open up my living room as well as the kitchen. The cabinets are all Ikea Liljestad. I repurposed some glass front upper cabinets to make the breakfront cabinet on the penisula -- I'm hoping it hides a lot of the potential mess on the countertop.

I've been angsting over what to do with the replaceable panel refrigerator for over a year. After getting the cabinets in, Ben says it needs to move up on our list. I agree.

This pretty half moon over the sink is the "complicated" part of the kitchen. It was cut from some broken tabletops my dad had bought over 30 years ago that had been sitting out in the weather since then. My countertop guy said it would never match the carrerra marble I used for the countertops. It did. Perfectly. :)

The sink is the Ikea Domsjo sink. The fixture is Kohler Fairfax, off of eBay. You can pull the whole faucet part out -- a requirement so Ben can get his homebrew pots filled up.


The horrible yellow is the glue left over from the linoleum backsplash. I'm covering it with a black and cream vinyl wallpaper. I'm shopping for a small art deco light fixture on eBay for over the sink, and I may try to cram a mirror in that area, too. We'll see.

I'll post more pictures when we're all done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...