Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, August 22, 2009

A Challenge: Steampunk Zombies for Twin Boys

To keep you busy while I'm gone, here's a challenge from a reader in California named Heather:

We got turned on to Steampunk and then your blog via a friend's wedding. They had a Victorian wedding (I made the wedding dress and my maid of honor dress) while another friend hosted the bachelor party at the CA steampunk convention. We went over the top excited about steampunk. Here's a pick of my guys trying on the garb I made them for the bachelor party....

The boys on either side are 15 year old twins.

Here is my challenge for your readers. The boys have never had a decorated room. We moved into our house when they were in 4th grade and I had all the rooms painted a bland off white to be able to change at a later date. We are at a later date. With nothing further done. One twin is a cross country runner for high school, the other one is #3 in the USA for Tumbling and Trampoline. Needless to say, we spend more time away from home than in it.

The boys are very artistic and love games of all forms. They would really like their room decorated steampunk with zombies as an additional theme. How would Victorians react to a zombie invasion? How would you decorate a room in that environment? What would your readers recommend?

15 year old athletic geeks who'll wear damask and velvet (and look good doing it)? I think this could be fun! Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...