Pages

Subscribe:

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Busy gal - forgotten purchases – fun times

I totally forgot that I bought two new bowls a couple weeks ago at an estate sale by our house.  It was held the during the same weekend as our rummage sale/craft show but fortunately it started on Friday so we took a bit of time off of setting ours up and went.  Glad we did.  Although we missed getting a gorgeous Maple dining room set – which we don’t need – but the chairs were awesome…very different than anything I’ve ever seen.  I could have sold the table and kept the chairs…but someone had just paid for it!!!

But I did score two antique bowls. One is a smaller one of the one I got a couple months back at a flea market.  Both were $15 each but she gave them to us for $25 total.  Both have a crack in the bottom but being I’m not going to use them that’s just fine by me.
They are the two on the left. 

New bowls

This last Saturday we took a drive to Delafield, WI to take some of my products to a little shop up there called ‘Nooks & Crannys’.  I had met Denise last year in line at the Madison Cash & Carry Wholesale show…she recognized me from my blog and came up to me and asked if I would consider putting some products in her shop.  We have gotten together a few times since.  And she came to my show last week too – I was glad I had ‘LOTS’ of treasures she could use.
Anyway…here she is...and a few pictures of her shop.
(Forgot to take the outside of it – it’s adorable)
Denise
N and K 1
N and K 2
N and K 3
N and K 4

I bought a cute little Pumpkin head ghost from her shop
Ghost 
…and a Pumpkin tin hanging
Pumpkin tin

Here’s  one of my newer Black Cats Mug Mats I made this week…a special order from a wholesale customer.
Oh…and the Mr. Jack jar toppers are almost gone…I think there are 3 left.
We have a few of the Snowmen ones left.
Black Cat Mug Mats

I also went to a baby shower that day…it was for my nephew (Doug’s sister’s son) and his wife Jessica. They’re expecting their first baby in November.  A little boy.
 
Jessica

Lunch was B-B-Q pulled pork sandwiches, ham roll-ups, veggies/dip, chips/dip, fruits and cupcake cake
lunch
gifts
Monkey cake
Cupcake cake
Bundle

Doug’s sister Kenlyn and myself
Kenlyn me

Again another hot day here…93 this afternoon. And yesterday it was so humid – I checked the gauge and it said 94% humidity. The air was thick.

Fall can not get here soon enough.  I’m tired of looking at Summer flowers – I’m so ready for the rich mellow colors of Fall decor and even outside.

I want to thank all of my blog friends who have joined in on my BLOG CHALLENGE and hope that more of you will as well.
Click on  the link to my post to read:
http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-post-challenge-that-will-have-winner.html
I’m still keeping the prize(s) a secret!  Mean huh?  lol
When the due date is here I will make a post with everyone’s link who took the challenge (in case there are some blogs you don’t follow you will be able to read them).

Have a wonderful week.
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...