Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

More fall goodies

Saturday Doug and I went to Trimborn Farm to a craft show and also we had a golf outing in the afternoon – made for a full day.

Trimborn is a gorgeous historic farm in a beautiful setting – we never miss this show and we also get to meet a blogging friend when we go there. You know Becky from http://primitivesnstitchin.blogspot.com/ – I see her every time we go there and she has the most adorable things she makes…I could not resist again…smiles!!!
She has the sweetest smile and personality!!!
Karen and Becky
See that Tan Pumpkin…it’s mine!  I bought three things from her and can’t wait to display them. The cloth Pumpkin and the Orange one on the box hook – it’s wool felt and filled with Sweet Annie
Fabric Pumpkins
And this adorable Pumpkin stick…I love his nose made from an old square nail
 
Pumpkin Stick
Pumpkin Stick 1

Then over at another booth I found a lady who makes some awesome Prims – she does not have a website or a blog so I talked with her for quite a long time.  She just must start something to sell her products as she has so many wonderful things.  I’m supposed to e-mail her and get her some information so I had better do that quickly.
This is the Pumpkin nodder I got from her.
Pumpkin Nodder

Further on down I found a booth that sold hand made baskets and goodness sake she is right from near me and I have never heard of her before.  The prices were good as well but wouldn’t you know I chose one of the highest price ones – mainly because of the size and I don’t have one like it.
Love my Gathering Basket.  You remember how long my trencher is…this is about as long as it is.
Basket from Trimborn
This is what I saw approaching the booth…just had to have it!

Basket

Here’s a little peek at Trimborn (it’s in Milwaukee by the way)

Trimborn 2

Trimborn 3

Trimborn 4

Trimborn 5

Trimborn 6

Trimborn 9

Trimborn 7

Trimborn 10

 Trimborn 1

Lots of vendors inside the two barns as well and then around back too
Trimborn 11 

The original brick ovens
Trimborn 8    

On the way back from there we stopped at a Ferch’s soda fountain for lunch…it was kind of early for lunch time but we needed to get back to the golf.
Soda Fountain 2
 

Soda Fountain 1

I doubt these pictures will give the perspective of actually seeing these clouds for real but very often they form over Lake Michigan…Saturday they were awesome.  Only wish I could have captured them better.  We were probably 40 miles from the lake at this point…almost could see them shortly from leaving home.
Clouds 4

Clouds 3

Clouds 2

Clouds 1

Had to share the winners of the golf outing…
Dan who owns the golf club we were at, a friend?, our son Dan, our son Darren were the winning team.
They don’t do things up ‘perfect’ as far as the winners – they made it a tad silly.  These jackets have been given to wear for the photo for 40 years now…our aunts/parents started this golf outing and it has continued on down to the younger generation now.
DSC07763 

I love this picture of me and Matt…he’s one of our cousins sons…we don’t get to see them often – more likely just the golf outing once a year.  I love this kid!
Matt and me

Thanks for hanging in there with me on this little show and tell post.

Oh yes and I want to remind everyone of MY CHALLENGE – you can find it here again.  http://mycolonialhome.blogspot.com/2012/08/a-post-challenge-that-will-have-winner.html
There are 36 who took the challenge so far – this has been so much fun reading how you all got your blog name and when you started.  I even found a few new blogs to follow.  So please…ANYONE…come on over and take the challenge.
There’s a prize(s) in it for the winner.
Here’s just a tease of at least one of the winnings
Now who wouldn’t want to join in and get a chance to have this Penny Rug (and more?)
Jack Mat background 

I’ve chatted with Margie from Hungry Hook Primitives…she’s doing well…just in lots of pain.  She is hoping she doesn’t loose followers because she hasn’t posted – but she sure is trying to get one formatted to post…I assured her that we all understand and are saying lots of prayers.

Blessings to all.

Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...