Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, April 30, 2012

Veggies In Disguise Muffins

Pin It

I love any opportunity to make the traditional dish or treat a little bit healthier if I can. And if I have to sneak it in, then so be it. :) I recently made some yummy muffins that 2 little boys have given me the 2 thumbs up on the results!


Ingredients:

1 cup carrots, finely chopped
1 cup zucchini, finely chopped
1 cup chocolate chips (fresh fruit can be an excellent alternative option)
1 cup walnuts or pecans
1 package of cake mix, prepared according to package directions, but not baked

I didn't have a cake mix on hand, so I used this WONDERFUL GLUTEN FREE CAKE RECIPE!


Add carrots, zucchini, chocolate chips, and nuts to prepared cake batter, stir to combine.

Transfer the mixture to a muffin pan, filling each cup about 2/3 of the way. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Do not overcook, as this will result in dry muffins. Once cooled, these muffins can be frozen to be eaten later.

**We used cupcake liners since my youngest son is sensitive to metals**


With the cake recipe I used, this made about 48 muffins. I used leftover frozen organic zucchini and carrots and pantry items I already had. So you get a bang out of your buck and taste buds with this winning recipe!


Do you try to sneak in veggies for your kiddos?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...