Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, February 13, 2012

Moved

Image Courtesy Tumblr Somewhere

Now THAT was a big day. You forget how big a deal it is... moving house. It's exhausting.

Nothing like moving house to put everything into perspective too.... it makes you think about your life, your belongings, where you're heading, your goals and dreams. It makes you realise that nothing in life is permanent.... except for change. We're good at change... we almost embrace it now.... as my big one said yesterday, "I was ready to move again Mum". Music to a nomad's ears!

So, we're in. We've moved into our next, temporary, 'I don't know how long for' place. It's lovely.....spotlessly clean, big, close to everything.. and already my furniture has made it feel like home. Three cheers for 'stuff', hey?

I was panicking yesterday, when the removal truck was filling. How can I exhort 'decluttering' and 'only have what you need' philosophies ... and be filling a removal truck to the brim? I gave half my life away to charity last year and I can still fill the biggest removal truck?  The removal guys did tease me a bit about the number of chairs I own. What? I didn't realise! ... I count them now....big wing chair, 2 Louis chairs, 2 office wing chairs (left over from 'The House'), desk chair, desk chair, 4 kitchen dining chairs, Hampton's armchair, 2 silver robe chairs, 2 ottomans, sofa, rococo lounge... ok, so there's a few. They're hard to stack in a removal truck too.....  and yes, one got severely damaged.. but hey, it's just stuff. Just as well the big dining table and 6 chairs are still back in the shed... waiting for the next 'House'!

One of the many good things about moving... is the sorting of your belongings. It is the greatest opportunity to cull and declutter.... and as my little one just said last night, with the biggest grin on his face, "it's just like Christmas", at the unpacking end!

The boys are joyous.. they have their own rooms. Me? I'm exhausted..... and worried about my mounting inbox. If you have emailed me, I'm actioning my inbox today.... between unpacking boxes and 'domestos-ing' all surfaces... as you do.

The next chapter. Where to next? Well if someone could find me a block of land, I will build you all a house. Wish list: minimum 600sqm, sloping up from the road (high side of street), character area (where a Cape Cod-ish home would look half decent), removal home (post December, 1946, i.e., January, 1947 and beyond!). I'll think of something lovely for you if you find it for me. Promise.

Early start today as we have guitar ensemble and I have to meet the 'piano man' back at the old place. The piano has it's own removalist. It's coming today. The boys were gorgeous yesterday. They knew they wouldn't have the piano until today so they squeezed in a practice each, yesterday morning at 6.30am.... sorry neighbours... the last hurrah..... with an early morning tinkle on the ivories!

Now if I could just find the boxes marked 'pantry', I might be able to action some school lunches.... if I could just get my legs to work.

Happy Tuesday!
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...