Pages

Subscribe:

Friday, February 10, 2012

7 Quick Takes Friday: 1st-time-in-a-long-time edition :)


  1. Did I mention we're staying in America?  Yeah?  Well, that's pretty much why I haven't written in a long time. I've been busy...
  2. ...crafting resumes, cover letters, and such for my husband.  My fly human resources and editing skills have once again been useful.  (To be honest, though, networking proved to be more valuable than editing skills.)  And yes, he got a job-- one we are BOTH so on-board and excited about!  Yippee!
  3. I'm loving the structure of having whole days in which to spend time with the children, keep a more regular routine of habits & chores, do our schooling, etc.  With Doug's previous job, his hours were so inconsistent (some days where he left before the kids were awake and got home after they were in bed, some evenings full of conference calls, etc.), but now we have a fairly nice-and-neat little 8-5 schedule.  Doug & I really could happily be together 24/7, so that's one downer, but the trade-off of having more of a daily routine is PRICELESS.  I am loving it... we're still definitely not MOTH people (every 15 minutes scheduled throughout the day), but I appreciate having a more regular flow to our days.
  4. We're buying a house, and went under contract this week.  It's a wonderful, quirky house just like our family... it suits us very well.  A well-used home (mid-70's), with some interesting features... and most people would look at it and walk right past it (which is why it was on the market for 8 months with no offers before we came along)... but we are so, So, SO excited about it.  Yee haw!  
  5. Let me tell you one thing I love about it before I move onto another topic.  :)  The house is in kind of a U-shape.  So when you go out the backdoor into the little enclosed courtyard leading into the backyard, there is a spiral staircase that goes up onto a little mini-deck built in that negative rectangular space of the "U" shape -- it will make the perfect fort for our boys.  The staircase is rusty & the top will need a rail around it for sure... but this little wonderfully quirky detail is one of many things I love about the house.  :)
  6. If you are a homeschool mom, you know-- it's February-- classic burn-out time.  You need to read this article, called "Why I'm No Homeschooling Superstar"-- She makes so many great points; I could really identify with her perspective!
  7. I know I haven't blogged in a while, but the truth is, I haven't missed it.  Maybe it's because I'm now getting so much stimulating and encouraging conversation in English, and don't have to reach out for it online?  Maybe it's because life is moving at the speed of light and I don't have time?  I don't know... and I'm still sorting it out... but it's possible that Making Home's days are coming to an end.  We'll see.  Have a great weekend.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...