Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

How to Safely Clean Your Carpet

Pin It


Okay, I must admit that I have NOT deep cleaned my carpets for a very long time.

I have a few excuses...
a. it's time consuming LOL
 b. when I did clean the carpets the stains still didn't get out
c. I don't like cleaning my carpets with nasty chemical filled carpet cleaner

Well since starting using Shaklee products last year and cleaning this nasty spot in my son's room, I thought I would try this cleaning carpet job again. Plus I'm in the organizing and spring cleaning mood so I better do it now before I lose interest! LOL

I borrowed my mom's carpet cleaner machine. It's a Bissell and I'm sure she got it at Wal-Mart.



The first room that I tackled was the toy room. When we first moved into our house, the carpet in this room was full of stains and still is. Right before we moved in our furniture, I cleaned all the carpets and the stains never got out even with those fancy cleaners designed to clean carpets. So we have learned to live with the stains in this room plus the floor is usually covered with toys...


I went to my cleaning closet and pulled out my handy dandy Shaklee products. I love them because they have multi-uses. Really this is all I clean my house with!

This is what I used to clean my carpets:

1 Tbsp Basic H2 per gallon of water
1 Tbsp Basic G per gallon of water (to kill germs)

Adjust measurements if you tank is smaller or larger.

After I shampooed the carpet then I went over the carpet again with plain hot water. Then vacuum after the carpet is dry.




And here is the carpet after! It smells fresh and looks better and brighter! And those stains that I couldn't get out with traditional cleaners are gone!


 Now let's look at the before and after again! Bye Bye stains!

My boys spend a lot of time in here, especially my youngest. It's great knowing that the cleaners I'm using are not harmful to them as they are constantly playing on the floor. What I am finding out and constantly surprised is how powerful Shaklee products are and do an even better job than the traditional cleaners the old me was used to!


Is it time to spring clean your carpets?

And don't forget about the great Free Shaklee Cinch Sampler Pack offer! When you join as Shaklee Member and purchase $70 or more (member price) you will receive the Cinch Sampler Pack for FREE! ($100 Retail Value)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...