Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Chevron DIY ART

I love the popular chevron art all over design and blog world. But I was kind of unsure for my home and style. So with our bright craft room makeover, I thought it would be a good opportunity to whip up a little art for our bright and cheery room!


I went to my wood stash and found 2 (approx. 7 inches wide) pieces of wood that are 26 inches long.

I connected the the 2 pieces of wood with 2 short firring strips of wood with just a nail gun. You could also use glue or screws.

I painted the front side only with white craft paint.

After it was dry, I used painter's tape to create my own twist to the chevron pattern. I didn't take a picture of that part because I did it more complicated than it should of been. LOL


I then stenciled my boys' names using their favorite colors.


After the paint was all dry, I sanded down the surface and edges with sandpaper to give it a worn look.


I stained over the paint and sides with Early American MinWax Stain, to look a little more worn. :)

I purposely didn't paint the sides of the sign, I like the look of the wood/paint contrast.


It looks super cool in our vivid turquoise craft/kid room!



I was about to pull out my hair creating the chevron pattern, but I love how it turned out. Adding a little fun design to our fun room!
And best of all, this project was free! Now who doesn't like free?!


Let's stay connected!









Linking up HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...