Pages

Subscribe:

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Mirror Mirror On The Wall

And so another Christmas has come and gone... Soon the decorations will come down and my eye will start to look for fresh updates to make around the house... Do you do this? Are you ever satisfied with your home?

Anyway, I've been dying to show you the latest addition to my mirror obsession, but I had to find a home for it and then Mr. Sweet Pea had to hang it for me. I stalked this bad boy for months at a local antique market, but the dealer was a bit of a pill over the price of it~~even dealer to dealer, and I had myself talked out of it actually. I mean, aren't we dealers in this to sell stuff? Alas, I caved in and made one last attempt and he finally gave me a deal I could live with. He said it is 1800's from an old Mississippi barber shop. This baby is heavy cast iron and projects out about 3 feet when extended fully. That was the tricky part about hanging it. But I mounted it above the sink in the hall bath with the accordian part flat on the wall and it looks fab. Do you agree?




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...