Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, December 26, 2009

GOODBY CHRISTMAS DAY…..

I don’t know about you but I love Christmas Day….seems everyone is in the SAME MOOD….ready for whatever comes their way whether it be the gifts they are receiving…or giving or the table full of holiday fixin’s, and in our house there were many as I’m sure there were in yours too.

My morning started out quiet with getting ready for the gang to show up while Doug was out shoveling snow (or maybe it was a combination of the sleet and snow we had during the night)

By 1:00 two of our sons and their families arrived and it started our celebration. Darren, MaryAnn and Aidan didn’t make it as we sort of knew would happen – Aidan has a virus and was still running a fever so they stayed home. Darren was going to join us alone but we told him it was his place to be with his own little family and we were okay with it, so he thanked us very much for that….although it was the first Christmas in his 45 years that we didn’t share this day together,….sad, but it is life and with a baby these things do happen.

I don’t many pictures today – most of the ones I took are not good enough for viewing by anyone but me because I am a lousy picture taker and as you all know my camera wants to take blurry photos….it’s not the operator either but the ones here are okay.

(Photo Below)
Emily and Joe brought their new game with them so Aunt Jamie is helping them set it up….Jesse is putting a puzzle challenge together (he never did figure it out!)Gametime

(Photo Below)
Joe is a Lego fanatic…this year he wanted the biggest set he’s ever owned. Look at that smile!!!!
JoeLegos 

(Photo Below)
This is Dan with his daughter Alex and her boyfriend Clint – he celebrated Christmas with us this year

DanAlexClint

(Photo Below)
Jesse and Alex gave us a basket full of DVD’S and popcorn for Movie Night! Plus Doug got a gift card.
 dougkarengiftsfromkids

 Gifts from kids1

(Photo Below)
I put it on my list and look…..I got it!!!!!
My first Jill Peterson book….I’ve been wanting this series for ever and never want to part with the money….well all you gotta do is ask and ye shall receive.

book

Later this afternoon we have been invited to Doug’s cousins house in Janesville for a Spaghetti dinner. His cousin is home from Arkansas and visiting his sister there, so it makes it easy for us to visit him while he’s home.

Lola had to be part of our Christmas too – since the tree was put up she made her bed under it and even with gifts it didn’t stop her….so here she is peeking through the packages.
Lola under tree
Close-up
Lola under tree closeup

Hope you all had as wonderful a Christmas as we did (minus one family). I know it could have been worse than just not being with our son and his family on this one day – they are close enough to see them in a few days…but there are many of you who won’t even be able to make it up in the near future because of family members being in the Military or over seas or just the fact of the economy making it impossible for the visit….but I know that all of your loved ones are in each of your hearts regardless of the distance.

I know those that I couldn’t be with are in my heart.

Karen

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...