Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, December 17, 2009

HAND SEWN RAG QUILT and FAMILY

Over a year ago my niece went to the Wholesale Show with me to purchase fabric for her quilt business and bought tons of Honey and Me fabrics and I so wanted her to make me a quilt from it all for my husband. We have lots of them but nothing that looked good on the sofa he uses so last week at our family gathering she brought it! Oh my, how beautiful…..now I want one for myself. Tina can put one of these together in less than a day and her sewing is perfect too.

So here’s a peek at it….I didn’t unfold it because then the picture of it would be too small so I did a close up of the colors…I just love them!

Quilt

Quilt closeup

Our son sent pictures of Emily and Joe before they they left for their Church program (Emily 12, Joe 9)
Emily cropped

Joe cropped

Darren and MaryAnn sent us pictures of them yesterday as well.
I had to scan them off the cards they sent so the one of Aidan alone has some shadows on his face for some reason.

Darrens familly 

(Notice Darren’s neck scar…it was taken on Monday and he took the brace off for the picture)

Aidan cropped

Here’s Alexandra (16) from Sunday – like I said in my previous post I tried to get good pictures but they were mostly blurry.
Alex cropped
And a silly one of Jesse with his NO HAIR hair cut…he and his father got the same hair cuts from guess who…ALEX! lol
She always cuts their hair and this time they said SHAVE IT!
Jess has such curly hair it’s unruly so he wanted it free and easy for awhile.  I loved his hair curly – it’s cute but I guess a  20 year old guy doesn’t want to be called CUTE! Only a gramma can call them that, right?
Jesse cropped

Yesterday we had Darren for the day! Yep, sounds like we had one of our grandchildren….but it’s so rare we see Darren anymore since he doesn’t come here everyday for lunch since the surgery but yesterday there was a lunch and meeting where he and Doug both work and Darren wanted to attend it.

He hadn’t seen any of his co-workers since the first surgery in October. Plus he had to go to the dr. to get X-rays for his apt. today…..anyway Doug picked him up, did their things and then came here and picked me up….we went shopping for about an hour till the x-rays were ready then took him home and had a nice visit with MaryAnn and Aidan as well….so it was a wonderful day all around.

Pray he gets a good release today from his apt. He so wants to drive and get the 10 lb. weight limit lifted so he can try some new things to get his arm back! He wants to learn how to get Aidan out of his crib and playpen but till he gets a release he can’t.  Hope they have some therapy answers for him today!!!! Please pray.

That’s it for today – I’m off to sew the LAST Christmas order which is a swap actually – I got the Tallow Berries and she gets a runner…so off I go.

Hugs, Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...