Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, October 1, 2009

LAST ONE FOR AWHILE…..

(Update to heading)
MAYBE THE HEADING IS MISS-LEADING….I WILL BE HERE – JUST NOT AS OFTEN  FOR THE HOLIDAY SEASON…I don’t want anyone to think I’m not going to post because I know me and I can’t stop blabbering! lol So keep coming back to check – I’ll find something now and then….so that being said, here’s the rest of the original post.

This is the start of my busy holiday season so you probably won’t be seeing much of me around here for a bit…..I will pop on now and then to visit blogs but there won’t be much happening in my world. I don’t expect to see much going on except sewing.

I received a few good sized orders and need to get my ‘stock of merchandise’ going or I won’t have a show the end of November.

I got a surprise package in the mail just a few minutes ago and it was the ‘promised’ Bittersweet from Linda at :  http://simplycountryseasons.blogspot.com/  She read my Bittersweet dilemma and shipped off a box of it to me. How sweet is that – and she was so generous….just look at the wonderful cluster she sent. I guess I’ve never seen real up close Bittersweet before but this is beautiful. I’m going to be watching it daily till it pops! THANK YOU LINDA.

Bittersweet1

I did finally get my second batch of Jar toppers done – this time they have the Jack-O-Lantern face and I just love the look! They aren’t even spooky…just cute. I don’t like creepy spooky. I made 24 of them yesterday and have 12 left.

JackOLanternJarTopper 

I also had an order from an Australian lady for one of my sheep with a Saltbox blanket of it….I’m loving this one!

PICT0043

In June when we took our last Pennsylvania trip it was to go to Doug’s cousins daughter’s graduation. Kylee is just the sweetest girl I have ever met – she and I bonded 7 years ago when on a cruise her mother had an aneurism on the second day out and was taken by motor boat to the port of Jamaica and then flown by a hospital jet to Ft. Lauderdale hospital where she spent 8 weeks in the hospital. I was called when it happened and was asked if I could come out and take care of Kylee and Grandma Myrt while they were in Fort Lauderdale so I did.

I spent the 8 weeks there and although it was stressful worrying about Linda, I had a great time with Kylee – she was just 11 then and it was dance lessons, Viola lessons, Piano lessons and just girlie things for that time.

Kylee has a special place in my heart and has from the day they brought her home from the Philly airport when she arrived in the US from Korea at age 10 months as daughter to John and Linda…what a proud day.

Oh, Linda came home in perfect health and went back to teaching that term. Amazing when she had 4 aneurisms during her time in the hospital plus 2 surgeries. She’s a walking miracle with no side effects.

So here are Kylee and me at her Graduation party and the whole family (Linda’s mother, Doug’s aunt Myrt) last month when they were back home here in Wisconsin visiting aunt Myrt. John and I are the same age…we were out to dinner celebrating our 65th birthdays.

KarenKylee

Schmitts

Oh, one last thing….I just received a picture of the Saltbox/Sheep window hanging that I did special order. She sent the most wonderful note along with it and she LOVES IT. In the picture it looks lighter than the original on the left but they are the same color…it’s the light coming through the window.

MaryAnns Hanging

So I think that’s it for me for now….I know this was a long one but I had to get it all in. You never know thought…something good might come up that I just have to chat about…lol   Let’s hope, huh?
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...