Pages

Subscribe:

Saturday, October 24, 2009

IM IN PENNSYLVANIA

Hi everyone...well, I'm in Valley Forge, PA right now - and no camera!
It has been such a busy week heading into Milwaukee to see Darren and then leaving yesterday for out here.

Doug and I got all packed up in the morning and then stopped at Kohl's to pick up some Henley shirts for Darren to fit over his neck brace and then were going to head on up to see him before heading out...well we got a call from MaryAnn that he was going to be released in an hour!
It takes an hour just to get there and we needed to check out yet so I will say it was a quick run through the line and on the road.

Amazing that he was released so soon...dr. said he looked good and that his attitude is so positive and it was okay to leave.

His only real problem right now is the lack of use of his right arm...lots of nerves and muscles were pushed aside to get to the vertebra so there is bound to be some slowness - it's not uncommon anyway...but he can't lift it up but about 6-7 inches and can't grasp utensils well. Therapy will improve it. But that's all the side affects he got out of it thank goodness.  Oh, the blood clot between the lungs and esophagus will dissolve so that pressure is lessening for him.

So after hugs and kisses Doug and I were on our way around 2:30. We decided to break up the 15 hour trip in two days instead of the one day like normal. And we're glad we did...IT RAINED FROM THE TIME WE LEFT OUR HOUSE AND IS STILL RAINING.
When we were trying to find our hotel it was raining so hard you couldn't see and the streets were flooding...haven't seen this much rain in a long time.

Tomorrow morning we're going to the Cash & Carry Buyers show and then we head on into Lancaster for 2-3 days.

Guess I won't have pictures with no camera...I forgot several items this time. Guess I had a few things on my mind! lol

So here I have posted a few in a row with no pretties!
When I get home I promise I will try and find something of interest and fun.

Have a great week everyone and I'll try and get on your blogs soon.
Karen

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...