Pages

Subscribe:

Thursday, October 29, 2009

I Can't Sell It All...

So, one of the biggest perks of being an antiques dealer is finding and keeping fabulous stuff for yourself. Then there is the trade~up benefit as well... You know, when you find something you like a "little" better than something you already have... I call it the rotation factor. Well, as always when I'm in Texas doing the Marburger show I treat myself to some fabulosities cause that's the mecca of such. Here's what I found...

I saw this in my friend Terri's booth (Garden Worthy) and hadn't decided whether to keep it or sell it. By the time we got home it had crossed into the keep column. Then it occurred to me how fab it would be for my growing necklace collection...




This spoke to me immmediately but I resisted. I can't believe it didn't sell. This awesome old "in memorium" piece was in my pal TOT's booth (Time Worn Interiors) and haunted me, if you will, until I had to strike up a deal for it. I'm sure my children will think it creepy if they ever read it but I adore it and am happy that it is now in my possession. Notice all the post-mortem references... Purely accidental...



What, another clock you say? It's an addiction I will cop to all day. This one came from my pal TOT's booth...


I found this little mirror in Warrenton. The patina is off the chain and I encourage you to click on this pic to enlarge and get the full effect.


I also found this cute little ironstone plate that has turned just the right shade of brown in Warrenton along with this wasp nest. Look at the pattern the egg sacks make on it. The seller assured me they are all dead, and so far so good...


I adore this ironstone lid in just the right mottled crazed condition...


I love funky junk. This old iron speaker spoke to me immediately. Isn't it the coolest?


I have looked high and low for a sugar bowl with the lid. Almost impossible to find, ya know? So imagine my delight when I found this one in TOT's booth in brown transferware...


This little wire and metal piece came from Donna and Franklin's booth at Marburger. I am using it cloche~style over a mini white punkin on a fab silver tray in my dining room...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...