Pages

Subscribe:

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Wire Picture Hanger

Today I’m going to share how to make a wire picture hanger.


It’s super easy. This what you will need:

 
Piece of wood-You can use your imagination here. In this tutorial, I’m using a piece of old trim I got at my local salvage center for 10 cents. If you can’t find old trim, buy some new trim at any Home Improvement Store. Or just use some scrap wood. Paint it any color you like.
Wire
Wire cutters
Drill/drill bit
Heavy duty stapler
Small clothespins
Sawtooth Hanger


 
What you do first is mark where you want your wire to go on both ends of your piece of wood. Then drill with a small drill bit.

 
A good tip while using a drill. Use a scrap piece of wood under what you are drilling, so you don’t drill your table!

 
Next comes the wire.

You can use whatever you like. I have 2 different types. The small wire on the left is actually floral wire I got at Michael’s. The big role of wire is from a Hardware Store. Either one is fine. I like the bigger role because it’s black. But the floral wire is thinner and is easier to work with in small projects like this.


 
Insert the wire in the holes. Make sure you cut your wire a little longer than what you think you need. You can always trim it later.

 
After the wire is inserted in both holes, I like to give them a little tug with the wire cutters or a pliers to make the wire tight.


 
Then I take the heavy duty stapler and staple down the wire.


 
I also added a sawtooth hanger on the back for easy hanging.


Next you will need some mini clothespins. You can find these at Michael’s or Hobby Lobby for cheap! 40 in a package for less than $1.25 with a coupon.


 
You can leave the clothespins “plain” or you can paint them. I find spray painting is easier.
And there you have it! An easy project to display your fun pictures or art!

This project cost me literally pennies to make.


Do you have a fun way to display your photos?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...