Pages

Subscribe:

Monday, November 14, 2011

Felt Poinsettias and Haul Out The Holly Announcement

I'm excited to announce that I was invited again to be a part of the Haul Out the Holly event at Gwenny Penny! Selected Bloggers from November 28-December 16 will share a Holiday craft each day! Fun, huh?!!

Haul Out the Holly,Gwenny Penny,Christmas tutorials


I thought it would be fun to share what I did for last year's Haul Out The Holly event.

Felt Poinsettias

These are so easy to make, it will feel like you are cheating! LOL

Here is what you will need:
Felt-red or white
Scissors
Pen
Wire-I used floral wire
wire cutters
glue-hot glue or E-6000
small jingle bells
needle
thread
optional spray paint

What I love about this project is that it is CHEAP!!

 Felt can be bought at your local craft store for super CHEAP! An 8''x11'' piece of felt is 25 cents each at Hobby Lobby. And I just happened to be there during their sale, so it was 1/2 off! So I actually got it for 13 cents each!

 Take your felt and use the pattern that I provided below and trace away with a pen. If my calculations are right you can make about 4 poinsettias to one sheet! 1 "flower pattern" and 5 "petal patterns" equals 1 poinsettia.


enlarge or shrink to your desired size


If you are making several poinsettias at a time, put in a good movie and cut away.

This is what you should end up with.


Cut your wire 2-3 inches in length with wire cutters. I used floral wire that I got at my local craft store.

Find the center of the flower and poke right through the felt. Then bend it about 1/2 inch against the felt so it will stay put.


I then glued the wire to the felt to secure it. It is up to you what kind of glue you would like. E-6000 is my new favorite! It's flexible so it works great with felt!


You then glue on your pedals. Make sure one of the pedals is covering up the bent wire.

This is what it should look like.


It is now time for the bells!

I got a sack of small bells (approx. 60) for $4. They were then 50% off at Hobby Lobby. $2 baby!



The value pack of bells comes in silver and gold.

You can leave as is but I'm not a fan of either so I pulled out the spray paint!

I used a metal primer and a metallic bronze spray paint.


After the bells were dry, I took a needle and thread and sewed on my bells to the center. Use 3.

And Finished! Like I said, so easy!


You can put them in your tree.


I made 20 of them, so they will be going on our BIG tree this Christmas!
 

Or add to a wreath...or any kind of greenery in your home.



Or how about attaching longer length wire to your poinsettias and it would be a wonderful flower arrangement with greenery in a nice vase.

I hope I inspired you to do a little crafting this Holiday Season!

My Haul Out The Holly Christmas Craft will be posted on Tuesday, November 29th. So stay tuned!

Linking up HERE

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...